Saturday, November 29, 2008
2. Hhmm..something's fishy!
3. Do I know you?
4. Break the impossibilities
5. Never forget to pray!
6. I love Rock and Roll!
7. A Literal Sea Cow
8. Who said only humans sing?
1. Some people live by the expectation of others.
2. Some people do often imitate others rather than being themselves. Have you ever heard of parents saying to their children, "Can't you be like your brother/sister who always get high grades?" This is the exact reason why there are some people, instead of succeeding in their studies, fail to meet the standards because of the pressure they feel.
3. Some people are afraid to break traditionalism.
4. Some people are afraid of the consequences they might get to the point that they don't want to try anything at all.
The businessmen you know in the modern times never succeed by doing exact way some people did it before. They made a difference that is why they were noticed by the consumers. People should never be afraid of doing new things for it might not be recognized readily, I know as time pass by it will soon be.
5. Some people fail to learn spiritual knowledge.
6. Some people are very materialistic. There are many kinds of knowledge, but all of those are senseless unless you gain spiritual knowledge. What now if you get alot of money if God will end up your life tomorrow. We need to honor, if you don't believe in a God, perhaps a higher entity for you to be guided.
7. Some people are often easily distracted.
8. Some people are not focused on what they're doing. These two could be considered to be major contributors to the failure humans get. There are many beautiful and interesting things that surround us that is why there are many people that are distracted from what they're doing. Instead of being focus to a specific work, some people's mind are confused.
9. Some people are afraid to commit mistakes. There are many who do not even bother trying something because they are afraid that they might commit errors but think again, are those successful people never committed mistakes in life? Of course they did. We learn from our mistakes. Most of the things here in this world are made by trial and error, but once you get it right the price is more than right.
10. Some people love to fantasize instead of accepting the reality of this world.
11. Some people are just too lazy to do anything. Even in ancient writings and the bible testify that those who do not work shall never have a better life. How could you even have money if you don't work for it. There are those who even try to be a garbageman for the sake of earning money, but they even worth our salutations because at least they picked a noble profession other that just robbing a bank.
12. Some people are not humble enough to admit that they too have their faults. In anythings we do, we can never prevent accidents from happening but please do also admit sometimes that half of it is also your fault for being clumsy. Just like in any relationship may it be personal or professional, one should be humble enough to lower himself/herself down for the relationship to last long.
13. Some people are not often ready for 2nd options. There are some who are satisfied with mediocrity that they do not anymore consider having a backup ideas to cover their work.
14. They are very confident of themselves that they do not anymore consider asking for any help from others.
15. Some people do not accept criticisms.
16. They fail to maintain positivity. There are many people who always give up to easily when confronted with difficulties in life. People should always think twice that maybe this hardships that they face might be a blessing in disguise.
17. Some people fail to understand the true meaning of their lives.
For us to succeed we should always know first our real purpose of existence, else everything in us would be senseless. You could do this by self evaluation, reflection, or perhaps by taking a test.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Anti-Virus Program Downloads:
- AVG Anti-Virus
This is considered to be one of the most used anti-virus today because of its unique features. It has big database which allows you to be kept safe from present viruses lurking around the web. What is very good about this software is that it is free of charge and it still gives you a quality service.
“VG Free Edition is the well-known antivirus protection tool. AVG Free is available free of charge to home users for the life of the product. Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy to use and will not slow your system down” – AVG Technologies.
- Avast Anti-Virus
This is one of my recommended software because of its ability to detect viruses quickly. It does not only work as anti-virus software but it functions in many ways. You can also choose the specific drive you may want to exclude or include from you search.
- ClamWin Anti-Virus
I have personally used ClamWin and it was good. It actually located many viruses which many anti-virus software failed to find. It also let you have an updates of the software just by clicking the update button.
“ClamWin Antivirus is antivirus software for Windows. It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam Anti-virus engine. ClamWin uses the GNU General Public License. ClamWin Antivirus comes with an installer and open source code at no cost. It features: scanning scheduler, automatic virus database updates, standalone virus scanner, integration to MS Windows Explorer, and add-in to MS Outlook.”—ClamWin
- PC Tools Anti-virus
Some even say that this software is even better than AVG because of its fast updates, and it could be true. It has a very big database for viruses which allows you to be protected from the cyber threats.
“PC Tools Anti-virus Free Edition protects you against the most nefarious cyber-threats attempting to gain access to your PC and personal details. Going online without protection against the latest fast-spreading viruses, worms and Trojans can result in infections within minutes.”—PC Tools
- Comodo Anti-Virus Download
It eliminates viruses, worms and Trojans that are found on your computer without nay fee. It is developed by one of the leading IT security providers in the world that it is why it always has rapid database updates.
- Panda Security
Panda Security has already proven its capability to protect your computer. “Panda Security is one of the world's leading creators and developers of technologies, products and services for keeping clients' IT resources free from viruses and other computer threats at the lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership.”—Panda Security
- Norton Anti-Virus
Although there are many competitors who try to overpower Norton, this software still remain strong because of its good presentation and updates to its software. This free software is just a 15-day trial but it will surely protect your computer from any cyber harm. What is good about Symantec is that they don’t go for mediocrity but the best.
“Norton Antivirus blocks viruses and spyware with advanced protection. It helps protect your entire computer by stopping viruses, spyware, and other security risks. Norton Antivirus works in the background so you can surf the Internet, read the news, play games, and download software or music without disruption. It also scans and cleans all email and instant messaging (IM) attachments, preventing you from receiving viruses, or spreading them to others.”—Symantec
- Yahoo Anti-spyware
This online security system provides good service since it can detect some of the viruses some other software fail to see. “Yahoo Toolbar is a free and convenient search tool that now includes a pop-up blocker. Stop annoying pop-up ads, search the Web, access Yahoo Mail, and games. Customize your toolbar and save your bookmarks online for one-click access from any computer.”—Yahoo
- Bit Defender
This 30-day trial software of bitdefender is the latest release of their newly updated anti-virus software. It has bigger database to keep you safe from cyber threats. As said by Softwin, “Bitdefender Antivirus 2009 provides advanced proactive protection against viruses, spyware, phishing attacks and identity theft, without slowing down your PC. Superior Proactive Protection from Viruses, Spyware, and other e-Threats that won’t slow you down.”
- Kaspersky Anti-virus
This is just free trial software of Kaspersky but I can testify that it really works because I also tried it myself. It can detect a lot of viruses lurking around the web. You are full armored against those cyber threats that will try to invade your computer. It provides you with traditional anti-virus protection based on the latest protection technologies. You can work, communicate, surf the internet and play online games on your computer safely and easily.
- Avira Anti-virus
“Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus is a comprehensive, easy to use antivirus program, designed to offer reliable free of charge virus protection to home-users only. Avira offers: Extensive Malware Recognition of viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc.”—Avira
Talking about its popularity, you can’t question the credibility of the company that produces Avira. This software prevents harmful viruses and other threats which other software cannot do.
- Zone Alarm Firewall
This is considered to be the best firewall of today because of its high quality prevention of worm attacks and hackers against your computers. Although this security software is simple yet it is excellent, and other reviews even said that it is already replacing Comodo. What is unique about this program is that this program includes four interlocking security services: a firewall, an application control, an Internet lock, and Zones. The firewall controls the door to your computer and allows only traffic you understand and initiate.
- Comodo Firewall
“Comodo Firewall Pro is aimed to secure your system against internal attacks such as Trojan viruses / malicious software and external attacks by hackers. Safeguard your personal data through a simple user friendly single click interface offering full immunity to attack. Comodo Firewall Pro helps you connect in a secure way to the internet and global networks.”—Comodo
I am currently using Comodo because I’m trying to see whether how far this program can protect my computer, and so far so good. I could say that this software is one of the best software that is out in the market today.
- PC Tools Firewall
This program is designed especially for Microsoft Windows; it tracks the network traffic in and out of the computer. This program is good in preventing stealing private information and other cyber threats. It is presently number 6 among its competitors in CNET Download.com.
- Spybot Search and Destroy
I have just seen this program being promoted from the other articles I’ve read in Triond that’s why I tried it myself and it really works. Until now, Spybot Search and Destroy is still the program I use as my anti-spyware because of its quality security. It gives the computer the immunization so as not to be harmed by intrusion of cyber threats.
- Spyware Blaster
Among any other spyware removers, this program is very different because it does not remove spywares but it prevents them from being installed in the first place. IT prevents unwanted programs from being shown on your computer so as not to interrupt anything that you are doing. It also has updates to keep track of the possible new threats on the web.
- Spyware Doctor
This program is another quality product of PC Tools. As the company defines it, “Spyware Doctor is a spyware remover and provides real-time protection against spyware, adware, Trojan horses, key loggers, spyware cookies, adbots, spy bots, browser hijackers, and phishing attacks. Spyware Doctor is easy to use and requires few PC resources. Its scanning speed is delivered by multiple specialized scanners. Almost any function of Spyware Doctor can be updated through the Smart Update process.”
- Ad-Aware 2008
This is the best spyware as of now because of its justified reputation. This program gives quality security protection against any harm from the web. This program is a quality product of Lavasoft who has made various programs for computers.
“With the ability to scan your RAM, Registry, hard drives, and external storage devices for known data-mining, advertising, and tracking components, Ad-Aware 2008 can clean your system easily, allowing you to maintain a higher degree of privacy while you surf the Web.”—Lavasoft
- Spyware Terminator
“Spyware Terminator includes Real-Time Protection, HIPS, and antivirus. Effectively remove spyware, adware, trojans, key loggers, home page hijackers, and malware threats even dangerous threats like Look2Me, BetterInternet, VX2, and CWS. Spyware Terminator is easy-to-use, requires minimal PC resources, and performs ultra fast scans.”—Crawler
This program might not be as popular as the others but this is also a very good online security Protection against any cyber threats.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Teenagers are complex and add drama to our lives. Teenagers can challenge even the most confident of parents. Here are some ideas to help you parent your teen.The Parent Trap
Teenagers. The very word makes a usually patient human being roll their eyes. The teen years can be compared to the “terrible two stage” of child development. As parents, we all remember the “terrible two stage.” But nothing on earth can prepare us for the teen years.
Here are thirteen suggestions for success:
- Money is power. You are the parent and you control the cash. Appropriate behavior will follow. You teen needs money, like a fish needs water. Always bait the fish and gently remind your teen who has the credit card.
- Know your teen's friends and know their parents. Encourage your teen to hang out at your house. Parents can be in a different room of the house, yet still home to supervise.
- Don't be afraid to set the home rules and the limits. You are the still the ruler of your castle. Talk about the expectations that you have for your teen in your home and elsewhere. Your teen will listen, if you keep the dialog open and direct.
- School is first. It is before extracurricular activities, sports, parties and a social life. Teens need to be reminded that school is a priority.
- Establish a curfew and don't budge. If your teen wants the car Friday night, then they will abide by your curfew limits.
- Tell you teen that if they ever overdo the partying, that they can count on you for a safe ride home
- Encourage your teen to have friends of both genders. But don't encourage exclusive dating. Too often teens become involved in exclusive relationships and they don't know how to handle them.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Loving is not always sweet, there are times that people are hurt because of love.There are many things to consider before entering a serious relationship and here are some of them.
1. Rough Road Ahead Of You
In any relationship there will always come a time that couples will face problems along the way, that's why each of them should be ready all the time. As we know, loyalty and trust are the most important elements that make a relationship last, because they are the ones that test the faithfulness of the person to the one he or she loves. We should remember that it is with the problems that couples face that make their relationship stronger because it is with that that they will know each other more.
2. Slow Down A Bit
Having any commitment is not just a simple thing because it will really affect the outcome of your future. Today, there are already many unwanted babies around the world and it is just sad to know that most of them are killed. That is why always slow down and think for awhile, maybe it's not really "love at first sight" but "lust at first sight".
3. No U Turn
There are no more u turns allowed once you are in a serious relationship. Although there are already some countries that allow divorce, still the vow you have made in front of God can never be broken. You are responsible for the things you have done and things that is yet to be done.
4. No Stopping Anytime
Actually, this one is related to number 3 because in any relationship you cannot just end it the way you want it. You cannot just say to your partner, "Let's stop this non-sense already, at least now we already know what love really is." True love isn't like that at all. It's not just about
making love but the importance you are showing to your partner.
5. It's a give and take
6. No Adultery Please
7. Always Know Your Limit
8.Always Be Open For Any Possible Consequences
There are times that we commit mistakes that is why we should always be open for any criticisms, may it be bad or good.
To sum up everything, "faith and preparedness" are really important factors that shape a relationship. We should always remember that it is not that simple to enter a married life; people should also consider the future of their children. If there are any misunderstanding, couples should always try to resolve it first without the intervention of the court. God Bless You!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
This is a list of twenty signs that your boyfriend is no longer going to be with you.
Boyfriends can be kind, considerate, caring, and thoughtful. They can also be egotistical, selfish, boorish, and mean. In the case of the later, here are twenty signs that your boyfriend is about to dump you:
- Your boyfriend refers to you in past tense
- Your boyfriend talks about sports all the time. You HATE sports talk.
- Your boyfriend postpones his date with you for a month
- Your boyfriend doesn't kiss you anymore. He doesn't hug you anymore. He just stares blankly in your presence.
- Your boyfriend starts to cough all the time as if he was allergic to you
- Your boyfriend talks endlessly about himself. He never kisses you, but he sure loves to kiss the mirror.
- Your boyfriend suggests that you sit in the back seat when he takes you out on a date
- Your boyfriend tells you that he is busy over the weekend and can't see you at all.. You discover that he wasn't too busy to take your best friend out on a passionate date.
- Your boyfriend puts an eviction notice in your purse
- Your boyfriend tells you that he likes you very much but…